Personal information is any piece of information that relates to a living individual (natural person) who can be identified, directly or indirectly. For the purposes of the Act, the “Data Controller” in respect of your personal information is All Blacks Experience Limited Partnership.
We will collect the personal information you provide us and we may also collect personal information online from your computer, mobile or other device.
1. THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
All Blacks Experience Limited Partnership operates the website www.experienceallblacks.com. As part of our operations we may gather certain types of information about the users of our site:
- Personally Identifiable Information. This is provided by you when you register for services that we may offer. Examples of these services could include email newsletters or competitions. Providing this information will always be optional for you. However, some services may not be available to you if you chose not to provide it.
- Aggregated Data. This information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our sites. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
2. WHAT DO WE DO WITH PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION?
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our sites. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
- To process any transactions that you might make on our site and to help provide any other services that you have requested.
- To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests.
- For any marketing, promotional, publicity, direct marketing or market research that we might undertake.
- To bill you.
- To respond to communications received from you.
- To conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymous basis).
- For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
3. YOUR OBLIGATIONS REGARDING THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE US ABOUT OTHERS
4. ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. We reserve the right, however, to deny or limit access or amendments to your personal information where we are entitled by law to do so. To make a request or to find out more about how to do this, please contact us at:
Data Protection Officer
Ngāi Tahu Tourism
PO Box 3075
Christchurch, New Zealand
We take all reasonable steps with our physical, technical, organisational and electronic security to protect your personal information against loss, damage, misuse, unauthorized access, erroneous disclosure, alteration, or destruction. As part of our security measures, we use secure servers and industry standard data encryption for transmission of personal information on All Blacks Experience Limited Partnership websites, for example when you pay by credit card online. Known as TLS (Transport Layer Security) or SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol, you can check this is active by looking for the padlock symbol on many browsers. TLS allows a secure connection between your internet browser and our internet server, using a private (or secret) key to encrypt the information. You are responsible for ensuring the security of the personal information held on your computer, mobile or other device.
6. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The All Blacks Experience Limited Partnership websites provide links to other websites for your ease and convenience. These websites may have different security standards and privacy policies. We recommend that you read the privacy policies for these websites before deciding whether to divulge information to these websites. We are not responsible for the information you choose to divulge to these websites.